Thank you for your interest in volunteering. There are many ways for you to get involved and make a difference in the lives of children and families:
- Work with children in our nursery or help with our classes (must be 18 years old, able to pass a background check, and participate in specialized training)
- Help out at our events
- Join our Circle of Friends and help plan events
- Complete a service project – we have projects for groups and individuals
What does a Kid’s Place Volunteer do?
- A Kid’s Place Volunteer works with staff to facilitate fun, trauma-sensitive, activities, for the children we serve. A Kid’s Place Volunteer teaches children how to turn to and learn from positive adult role models. Studies have shown that ONE positive adult influence in a child’s life, teaches them resiliency. Our Volunteers make a difference in the lives of many children every day!
How do I become a Kid’s Place volunteer?
- To be a volunteer, you need to:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Complete 3 hours of training
- Commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week working in the Kid’s Place.
- Pay for and pass a background check. ($39.75 for Utah Residents, $52.75 for out of state residents.)
Please complete the volunteer application. You can email your completed application to our Kid’s Place Volunteer Coordinator, Jessica Shipley, at email@example.com OR you can bring it in to our Logan office at 1525 N 200 W Logan, Utah 84341!
We are a non-profit organization and truly depend on our volunteers as we strengthen families and protect children in our community. We are excited to work with you.
Disclaimer: The Family Place does not accept volunteers working off community hours.