You may know what to do when someone needs CPR or First Aid, but do you know how to help someone experiencing a panic attack or struggling with depression?
The Mental Health First Aid program’s goal is to provide education, outreach events, and promotional efforts to increase awareness in the community while also reducing the stigma surrounding mental health.
Attend the FREE 8 hour class to become a certified Mental Health First Aider and learn the ALGEE action plan along with other skills to help someone in need when they are experiencing a mental health crisis. This class is offered in both English and Spanish! Take a look at our calendar below to register for upcoming classes.
For more information and/or to discuss other opportunities/services contact the Project
Director: Curtis Snelgrove at 435-799-3014 or via email at [email protected]
The ALGEE Action Plan:
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen non-judgmentally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self help and other support strategies
Services Offered Through the Mental Health First Aid Program:
- Adult Mental Health First Aid Certification: 8 hour course offered free of charge once a
month at a Family Place location, provided for community groups and corporations, with classes offered in English and Spanish
- Attend health fairs, conventions, and events with table to talk about program to
- Provide short presentations to groups about program with topics of Mental Health First
- Provide and participate in Mental Health Awareness events
08/28/2019 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Belva Hansen – The Family Place
1525 North 200 West, Logan, Utah, 84341