The Family Place Utah is seeking a part-time (15-20 hours per week) Family Educator to join our education team and help us fulfill our mission, “Strengthening families and protecting children.”
The Family Place (TFP) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization striving to achieve its mission of Strengthening Families and Protecting Children in Cache and Rich Counties through therapy, education, and 24-hour Kid’s Place care and shelter services.
Join an amazing team passionate whose passion is making a difference in our community! Enjoy multiple benefits, including the organization’s wellness program, professional development, trauma training, and more. Education has a set of values they uphold in each position. These values are: integrity, respect, communication and continued learning.
The Education Department is looking for a proactive, self-directed individual who takes direction and takes initiative. Recruits, engages with class participants, is able to work independently and collaborate with staff, interns, and volunteers.
1. Help with the following 1) preparing information, 2) educating, and 3) fostering and maintaining productive relationships that increase client participation in TFP programs and events.
2. Calling all class participants for confirmation they will be attending the class. They will also get the ages for the children coming for the children’s class portion.
3. Maintain the parenting tips via texts and The Parents Place Facebook Group. 4) attend all meetings (department 2x a month, staff 4th Monday of each month, professional development 3x a month) and supervision (1x a week)
· Improved individual and parenting attitudes, knowledge, and skills accomplishing TFP mission and purposes directly protecting children and strengthening families.
· Client engagement that increases awareness and participation in TFP services. Maintains and record numbers from class/groups and program events.
· Maintained client information in TFP databases, i.e. name, phone, physical and email addresses.
1. Degree in Family, Consumer, and Human Development, Social Work or related field.
2. Two years’ experience working with children.
3. Provide own transportation. (Mileage reimbursed)
4. Annual clearance of a Background Criminal Investigation
5. Detail oriented, organized
6. Excellent communication and public speaking skills
7. Engaging, motivating presenter
8. Leadership and time management skills
9. Computer skills (word, excel, social media, etc.)
Please provide cover letter, resume, and three employment references to The Family Place, 1525 N. 200 W. Logan, UT 84341 or [email protected] Position open until filled.