The Family Place Utah is seeking a part time (15 20 hours per week) Family Educator to join our education team. Direct report to the Education Director.
Proactive, self directed, takes direction and takes initiative. Recruits, engages, and teaches parents following TFPU curriculum. Organizer, leader, delegator, able to work independently and collaborative
with staff, interns, and volunteers. Enables team approach and/or instructor 1) preparing information, 2) educating, and 3) fostering and maintaining productive relationships that increase client participation in
TFPU programs and events.
The Family Place is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization striving to achieve its mission of Strengthening Families and Protecting Children in Cache and Rich Counties through therapy, education, and 24 hour Kid’s Place care and shelter services. Join an amazing team passionate about making a difference in our community! Enjoy multiple benefits, including the organization’s wellness program, professional development, trauma training, and more.
- Improved individual and parenting attitudes, knowledge, and skills accomplishing TFPU mission and purposes directly protecting children and strengthening families.
- Client engagement that increases awareness and participation in TFPU services. Maintains and improves Education Department class numbers and program events and/or Therapy and Kids Place services.
- Program and client tracking and reports:
- Audience specific materials for respective program curriculum maintained and assessable on TFPU databases.
- Maintained client information in TFPU databases, i.e. name, phone, physical and email addresses.
- Degree in helping profession preferred.
- Two years’ experience working with children.
- Provide your own transportation. (Mileage reimbursed)
- Annual clearance for Background Criminal Investigation
- Detail oriented, organized
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Engaging, motivating presenter
- Leadership and time management skills
- Computer skills (excel, social media, etc.).
Please provide cover letter, resume, and three employment references to The Family Place Utah, 1525 N. 200 W. Logan, UT 84341 or email@example.com Reply by September 1, 2021. Position open until filled.