The Family Place Utah (TFPU) is seeking a Juntos Es Major Family Coach. Successful applicants are
proactive, self-directed, take direction and show initiative. Coaches will recruit, engage, and coach
children and/or parents following the Better Together/Juntos Es Mejor curriculum.
Part-time, average approximate 6-10 hours per week.
Wages: $12 to $16 per hour.
Direct report to the Juntos Es Mejor Program Coordinator and Director.
Needed skills include: organizer, leader, delegator, able to work independently and collaboratively with
staff, interns, and volunteers. Should work well with a team approach while 1) preparing information, 2)
educating, and 3) fostering and maintaining productive relationships that increase client participation in
Juntos Es Mejor/Better Together programs and events.
The Family Place is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening families and protecting
children in Cache, Franklin, and Rich Counties through 24-hour therapeutic child center, education,
therapeutic services and the Starfish Children’s shelter.
Join an amazing team passionate about making a difference in our community! Enjoy multiple benefits,
including the organization’s wellness program, professional development, trauma training, employee
assistance program, health insurance, retirement plan, holidays and paid leave. Come and make a
difference with us.
Duties include managing & promoting events, supervising employees, fostering teamwork, and soliciting
sponsorships. Must be a leader, self-directed, organized, and an excellent communicator. Responsible for
tracking events, participation, and outcomes. Creates Annual Report in collaboration with executive
director and chief relationship officer. Represents The Family Place Utah at community events,
organization meetings and activities as assigned. Must have a passion for The Family Place Utah’s
mission and a commitment to advocate for children and advance the mission of the organization.
- Improved parent-child relationships, knowledge, and skills accomplishing TFPU mission and
purposes directly protecting children and strengthening families.
- Client engagement that increases awareness and participation in TFPU services. Maintains and
improves Education Department class numbers and program events and/or Therapy and Kid’s Place
services as well as Juntos Es Mejor program.
- Trauma informed practices are used in all interactions with staff, parents, other adult individuals, and
- Program implementation of the Juntos Es Mejor model is based on the required activities in the
manual and adapted based on parent, child, staff, and program feedback.
- BS degree in Human Development and Family Studies (or related experience) preferred; experience
working with children and families required
- Native Spanish speaker
- Strengths based view of parents and their children.
- Annual clearance of a Background Criminal Investigation
- Detail oriented, organized
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Engaging, motivating presenter
- Leadership and time management skills
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, social media, etc.)
To apply, please provide cover letter, resume, and three employment references to The Family Place Utah,
1525 N. 200 W. Logan, UT 84341 or email@example.com. Reply by October 1, 2021. Position
open until filled.