Part-time, average approximate 20 hours per week. The Family Place Utah Prevention Specialist Coordinates the Bear River Health Department (BRHD) contract prevention activities and strategies. Promotes and provides prevention information and skill enhancement to increase protective factors. Create opportunities to increase mental health awareness, enhance protection against relying on e-cigarettes, marijuana and other drugs.
Works with The Family Place Utah Advancement Department for social media information and education dissemination. Work as a liaison with the youth council, Parents as Teachers educators, and Parents Place Podcast.
Direct report to the Education Department Head.
Proactive, self-directed, takes direction and takes initiative. Organizer, leader, delegator, able to work independently and collaborative with staff, interns, and volunteers. Enables team approach and/or instructor 1) preparing information, 2) educating, and 3) fostering and maintaining productive relationships between departments and community partners.
The Family Place Utah is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization striving to achieve its mission of Strengthening Families and Protecting Children in Cache and Rich Counties through therapy, education, and 24-hour Kid’s Place care and shelter services.
Join an amazing team passionate about making a difference in our community! Enjoy multiple benefits, including the organization’s wellness program, professional development, trauma training, employee assistance program, health insurance, retirement plan, holidays and paid leave. Come and make a difference with us!
- Responsive to the Bear River Health Department contracted outcomes/requirements, timely reporting and accountability.
- Increase awareness for mental health information for the community
- Create partnerships within the community to encourage the decreased use of e-cigarettes and other harmful drugs.
- Increase coordination within The Family Place Utah in providing information regarding the harmful effects of e-cigarettes and harmful drugs.
- Tracking information disseminated to staff and community.
- Maintain contract requirements and completing reports.
- Meets with supervisor to regularly update on progress.
- Degree in Social Work, HDFS or related field
- Annual clearance of a Background Criminal Investigation
- Detail oriented, organized
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Engaging, motivating presenter
- Leadership and time management skills
- Computer skills (word, excel, social media, etc.).
Please provide cover letter, resume, and three employment references to The Family Place, 1525 N. 200 W. Logan, UT 84341 or firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2021. Position open until filled.