The Family Place Utah is seeking one or more therapists, full- or part-time (20-40 hours a week) to join our
team in fulfilling our mission, “Strengthening families and protecting children.”. Must possess passion and
skills for helping families, adolescents, and children and for working with trauma and crime victims, ensuring
they receive trauma-informed care. Candidates must have LCSW/CSW, LMFT/LAMFT, CMHC/ACHMC, or
Psychologist license. Experience with evidence-based practices (EBPs) strongly preferred. Spanish-speaking
bilingual and bicultural strongly preferred.
The Family Place is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening families and protectingchildren
in Cache, Franklin, and Rich Counties through 24-hour therapeutic child center, education, therapeutic services
and the Starfish Children’s shelter.
Competitive pay based on qualifications. Enjoy multiple benefits, including the organization’s wellness
program, professional development, specialized training. Health insurance, retirement plan, and paid holidays
and leave for full-time positions.
Duties include individual and family therapy, mental health assessment, group counseling, and crisis
intervention. Must be able to work well with a team, take initiative, and provide leadership at times. Must
possess good computer, organizational, and communication skills, and have ability and a secure space to
provide teletherapy outside of our offices.
- LCSW, LMFT, CMHC, licensed Psychologist, CSW, LAMFT, or ACMHC.
- Passion for The Family Place mission, “Strengthening Families and Protecting Children.”
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) and bicultural strongly preferred.
- Pass annual Background Criminal Investigation (BCI).
- First Aid/CPR certification; Food Handler’s Permit.
- Own transportation.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Effective interpersonal skills, including problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience with therapy with victims of abuse and family systems preferred.
- Commitment to trauma-informed care in all interactions.
- Experience providing clinical supervision a plus.
- Ability to provide crisis intervention/counseling.
- Ability to maintain self-care and to manage and work well under stress.
- Knowledge of therapy approaches for children and adolescents; play, sand-tray experience preferred.
- Knowledge of positive parenting techniques and child management skills.
- Knowledge of community resources and referral process.
- Ability to facilitate group therapy sessions.
- Knowledge of child abuse symptoms and their effect on victims.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Reece Nielson at
firstname.lastname@example.org or to The Family Place, P.O. Box 6055, Logan, UT, 84341. Open until filled.