The Family Place Utah is seeking applicants for a part time VA Mental Health First Aid Instructor. The position is with our Education Department and reports to the Mental Health First Aid Project Coordinator. Looking for a passionate educator who has a desire to help others feel empowered and confident that they can help others, especially those who may be struggling with a mental illness. Have a deep respect for helping veterans, current service personnel and their families, particularly those who are dealing with mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc. Stand as an example in the community for the Family Place and for Mental Health First Aid by emulating the mission of protecting children and strengthening families distinctly through promoting awareness and reducing stigma surrounding mental illness.
The instructor will teach Adult Mental Health First Aid, particularly to veterans, current service personnel, and their families, and will help grow the Mental Health First Aid program as well as network with VA groups in the community with the intent of promoting services of the Family Place in the community.
- Be a veteran or current member of any branch of the military
- Be a skilled educator
- Become a certified Mental Health First Aid instructor in the Adult MHFA curriculum within three months of hire, and take Veterans supplemental instructor certification.
- Teach Adult Mental Health First Aid minimum once a quarter keeping curriculum fidelity and maintain high instructor standing.
- Advocate and promote The Family Place and the services offed and the Mental Health First Aid course.
- Build relationships with VA groups and advocate to provide mental health presentations and the Mental Health First Aid class for VA groups.
- Annual clearance of a Background Criminal Investigation
Please respond by providing a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to The Family Place Utah, P.O. Box 6055, Logan UT 84341 or to [email protected]. Open until filled.