The Family Place Utah is seeking a full-time Victim Support Specialist to join our therapy team and help us fulfill our mission by servicing our local CJC and community.
The Family Place Utah is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization striving to achieve its mission of Strengthening Families and Protecting Children in Cache and Rich Counties through therapy, education, and 24-hour Kid’s Place care and shelter services.
Join an amazing team passionate about making a difference in our community! Enjoy multiple benefits, including the organization’s wellness program, professional development, trauma training, employee assistance program, health insurance, retirement plan, holidays, and paid leave. Come and make a difference with us!
Full-time position with The Family Place Utah serving local CJC and The Family Place Therapy team by providing screening, crisis intervention, advocacy, and support to families and individuals who have experienced crime victimization, in keeping with The Family Place Utah mission, “Strengthening Families and Protecting Children.” Serves victims of crime in The Family Place’s Victim Intervention Program (VOCA) and participates in the Trauma Resiliency Project (TRP), helping ensure ALL receive trauma-informed care.
The ideal person for this position will be able to:
- Build strong relationships of trust with families, our community, and The Family Place team
- Serve victims of crime and their families in effective, trauma-informed ways
- Take initiative, communicate clearly, stay organized, and be flexible
Serve local CJC by responding to requests to assist crime victims and their families. Provide screening, crisis intervention, advocacy, and other VOCA-supported activities. Build relationships with victims served, families, and community partners. Complete documentation and reports associated with service. Proactively seek to develop a position and contribute to quality services provided at The Family Place.
- BS or BA in Social Work, Human Development and Family Studies, Psychology, or related field.
- Strong interest in serving children, families, and victims of crime.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work privately from a secure location outside our offices.
- Bilingual/bicultural (Spanish and English) strongly preferred.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Analee Pacheco at [email protected] or to The Family Place, P.O. Box 6055, Logan, UT, 84341 by July 1, 2022. Open until filled