The Circle of Friends is critical to the planning and implementing our biggest events and fundraisers of the year!
- In February, Circle of Friends aided The Family Place in creating a magical, special day at the Annual Princess Party. They created decorations for princess stations, planned the theme of the tea party and provided all decorations, participated in setup and clean up.
- In April, Circle of Friends were crucial to the success of our 14th Annual Blue Ribbon Benefit Dinner and Auction. They helped raise over $100,000, worked with businesses to secure auction items, helped build and develop the theme, and put in countless hours of work to setup, cleanup, and prep all decorations.
- In October, the Circle of Friends supported The Family Place at the Hyrum Harvest Festival. They decorated and managed a Trick or Treat table, planned the theme, and supplied the candy to give to every child at the event.
Since The Family Place relays on the Circle of Friends for successful events, we ask they be able to meet these expectations.
- Attend Circle of Friends monthly meetings with the Marketing and Events Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to plan and implement events.
- Fill a table at the Annual Blue Ribbon Benefit Dinner and Auction with businesses, friends, or community partners.
- Support The Family Place in at least two events or fundraisers throughout the year (Annual Princess Party, Marvelous Adventure, Harvest Festival, Blue Ribbon Benefit Dinner and Auction, Golf Tournament, Steppin’ Up for Kids).
- Have a passion for The Family Place’s mission to strengthen families and protect children!
Email the Marketing and Event Manager, Amberlee Burrows at [email protected] for more information.
Participate in an UPcoming events
Join us on Friday, August 21st, for a great day of golfing and giving back to The Family Place at our 16th Annual Charity Golf Classic Tournament at Birch Creek Golf Course (550 E 100 N, Smithfield, UT 84335). We need volunteers like you who will make this fundraiser, the biggest of this year, a success! Volunteers will help run the show by coordinating golfers at golf holes, assisting with registration, serving at a shopping center, and helping make sure everyone is safe and having fun. Whether you want to volunteer to add service to your resume or if you want to make a difference in your community, this will be a fantastic opportunity!
We would love for you to stay for the whole event! Volunteers who can stay the whole day (6:30 AM – 4:30 PM) will be provided a tasty lunch, but there will also be two shifts available (Main Event – 6:30 AM – 12:00 PM and Lunch, Raffle, and Clean Up – 11:30 AM ~ 4:30 PM) for those who will be unable to make that commitment.Volunteer Sign up
Join us on Saturday, September 12th, for a day of superheroes, games, and secret agents at The Family Place’s Annual Marvelous Adventure in the parking lot of Fisher Home Furnishing (2175 Main St, North Logan, UT 84341). Children will tour through a dozen different superhero scenes and get the chance to see each superhero while learning a little more about them! Scenes will vary from Spiderman & Gwen Stacey on top of buildings in Brooklyn to Superman on the streets of Metropolis with his telephone booth to Captain Marvel in space! We need volunteers like you who will make this a magical event for the children!
- Be a Superhero! Volunteer as a child’s favorite superhero. We need volunters for Superman, Superwoman, Batman, Batgirl, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Flash, Iron Man, Thor, Starlord, Groot, and Mantis. If you have another superhero costume and would like to attend or have a costume you would be willing to donate (Ironman, Thor, Starlord, Groot) please let us know!
- Be a Secret Agent Tour Guide! We need interactive volunteers to set the scene for each superhero and create a marvelous mystery of an event!
- Event Management! Volunteers will sign families in, provide them with their take home goodies, and help manage social distancing guidelines.