How can i help others who may be suffering?
Connect with your co-workers. By connecting with those around us, we can become a safe place for those who are suffering to come to for help and support. Become more aware of the topic, by doing so, not only can we recognize the symptoms in ourselves but we can have empathy for those who may be suffering.
What’s the difference between CF and Burnout?
While they do share some symptoms, COMPASSION FATIGUE is the emotional strain of exposure to working with those suffering from traumatic events. It can occur due to exposure to one case or a cumulative effect from many cases. It also can have a much more rapid onset but can also have a faster recovery. BURNOUT is a cumulative process with emotional exhaustion, withdrawal from others, with an increased workload and institutional stress. It is not trauma related and happens over a longer period of time.
ideas to remedy compassion fatigue:
- Practice self-care
- Connect with others
- Express your needs verbally
- Accept where you are on your path
- Develop a healthly support system
- Clarify personal boundaries
- Be kind to yourself
- Get professional help if needed
- Social connection: resilient role models.
- Attitude: learned optimism, growth mindset.
- Values: your meaning and purpose.
- Emotional Acceptance: active and aware of what’s going on inside.
- Silliness: humor, and laughter.