Were you formerly known as the Child & Family Support Center?
Yes! We recently changed our name to The Family Place Utah. Our mission to strengthen families and protect children remains the same.
Are you a government agency? Are you run by the State of Utah?
No. We are a private 501(c)3 nonprofit charitable organization governed by a board of directors.
How do you receive funding?
We receive funding from fundraising activities, grants, and donations.
How long has The Family Place Utah been around?
The Family Place Utah was founded in 1982, originally called the Child & Family Support Center. Since that time, we’ve been able to expand our facilities and our services.
What ages of children do you care for in Kid's Place?
We care for children ages 11 and under.
Are your programs just for children 11 and under?
We offer classes, homes visiting, and counseling for children, teens, and parents. Our Kid’s Place only serves children 11 and under.
How much do The Family Place Utah programs cost?
Services in the Kid’s Place are provided at no-cost. Therapy is provided on a sliding scale based on your income. Several of our education classes require a fee. Scholarships are available for families in need.
As a parent, I feel a little hesitant leaving my children in the Kid's Place. What kind of training does your staff have?
All of our Kid’s Place staff and volunteers pass annual background checks. They undergo intensive training before they can provide direct services. Our staff is also certified in First Aid, CPR, and Food Handling, and are trained to offer trauma-informed care. Additionally, our Kid’s Place is operated in compliance with Utah State Childcare Licensing requirements.
Who uses your center?

Our programs help to strengthen all families in Cache, Franklin, and Rich counties.

Will my information remain confidential?
We make every effort to provide confidential services. We will only release confidential information as directed by our clients (with signed “Release of Information” form) and as required by law.

Everyone in Utah, whether a public official or a private citizen, is required to report child abuse.

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!