The Place for You
The Place for You
Americorps VISTA Member
Public School Partnership – The Family Place
This full-time, one-year AmeriCorps VISTA position is hosted by the Public & School Partnership and is based at The Family Place in Logan, UT. The VISTA member will support development efforts via fundraising and event coordination. VISTA will collaborate with the Development Department with marketing, social media, and maintaining donor relations associated with events and development efforts. The Family Place is looking for a candidate who will create awareness and is personable, persuasive, and able to communicate the organization’s needs.
Please Click Here for additional details and to apply for the position.
Seeking candidates possessing LMFT or LAMFT, or LCSW, CSW, CMHC, or ACMHC with strong experience and passion for family therapy. One full-time (30+ hours/week) and two part-time (10+ hours/week) positions.
Require experience and ability in working with individuals with mental health challenges and/or that have experienced trauma, providing trauma-informed care, and working with families (i.e., couples, adolescents, children).
Bilingual (Spanish and English) and bicultural strongly preferred. Desire experience in crisis intervention and crisis counseling.
The Family Place is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization striving to achieve its mission of Strengthening Families and Protecting Children in Cache and Rich Counties through therapy, education, and 24-hour Kid’s Place care and shelter services.
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to The Family Place, P.O. Box 6055, Logan, UT, 84341, or to [email protected]. Open until filled.
General Job Description
Part-time to Full-time position. The therapist provides therapeutic services to clients at The Family Place.
The Family Place is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening families and protecting children in Cache and Rich Counties through 24-hour emergency/respite nursery, education, and counseling services.
Direct report to The Family Place Clinical Director.
The position provides individual and group therapy, completes required documentation, and completes reports and assignments given by the Clinical Supervisor and Clinical Director.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
Please respond by providing a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to The Family Place, 1525 N 200 W Logan, UT 84341 or to [email protected] by April 9, 2019. Open until filled.
Part-time position 20-30 hours per week with potential for full time. New position to assists and support The Family Place staff accountant. The bookkeeper will assist with payrolls, receivables, payables, job cost accounting for contracts and activities, budgeting and reporting.
Direct report to the Staff Accountant and Associate Director.
Responsible for data entry, payrolls, receivable and payable accounting functions, financial reports, and supporting documentation in QuickBooks software, and presentation of financial information using Microsoft Excel.
Wage/Salary $12-16 per hour
Please respond by providing a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to The Family Place, P.O. Box 6055, Logan, UT 84341 or to [email protected] by April 25, 2019. Open until filled.
KID’S PLACE SUPPORT STAFF
Part-time hourly position (Minimum 15 hours per week).
Support staff for The Family Place 24-hour Emergency Care, Scheduled Weekly Care, and/or Crisis Shelter services. Direct report to respective Kid’s Place Manager.
Implements The Family Place Trauma Resiliency Project ensuring that all families receive trauma- informed care that target the critical parent-child relationship as a means of intervention to promote young children’s positive outcomes.
The Family Place is a nonprofit organization striving to achieve its mission of Strengthening Families and Protecting Children in Cache and Rich Counties through 24-hour emergency/respite nursery, education, and counseling services.
Fills scheduled and on-call shifts. Interacts positively and appropriately with children using trauma- informed practices, ensures children’s safety and well-being, and complies with grant and contract requirements including.
1. Scheduled shifts including Fridays 5:00-9:00 p.m.
2. Filling assigned on-call shifts. Accessible by phone at all times and able to arrive within 30 minutes when on-call. Weekends and Holidays required.
3. Care for physical and emotional needs
4. Communicates clearly, effectively and positively with parents
5. Enforces rules and regulations
6. Implements Attachment Regulation and Competency (ARC) framework
7. Prepares nutritious meals and snacks
8. Completes required documentation, i.e. opening/closing facility, sanitizing, answering phones etc.
9. Scheduling emergency appointments
10. Attend staff meetings as requested
11. Reporting to the Kid’s Place Manager any suspicion or evidence of child abuse
12. Completing and recording required trainings within the timeline required
1. 6 months experience working with children ages 0-11 years
2. 18 years old and pass an annual Background Criminal Investigation (BCI)
3. Understand child development, positive behavior management and signs/symptoms of child abuse and neglect
4. Ability to handle children with varying degrees of behavioral problems
5. Ability to maintain high energy, self-motivation, and attention to detail when under stress
6. Punctual, patient, positive and a strong work ethic
7. Ability to work as team member
8. Maintain confidentiality and professionalism
9. Spanish speaking preferred, but not required
1. Obtain Utah Food Handler’s Permit
2. Obtain First Aid/CPR Certification
Please respond by providing a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to The Family Place, 1525 N 200 W Logan, UT 84341 or to [email protected] by April 25th. Open until filled.