Volunteering with us means joining our mission of strengthening families and protecting children!
The health, safety, and well-being of our volunteers, as well as your extended community is of utmost importance. Given concerns regarding COVID-19, and our social and ethical responsibility to minimize our contribution to the spread of this virus to you and those you are connected to, we have made the very difficult decision to minimize volunteer activity. We will keep you updated on any additional changes. In the meantime, review volunteer opportunities below for more specific requirements, projects, and COVID modifications.
Events, Projects & More
Our Volunteers In Action
Our Kid’s Place is a FREE, temporary program for caregivers with children ages 11 and under. Caregivers can turn to the Kid’s Place in an emergency or for scheduled weekly care.
We are excited that this opportunity is now available after over a year of being closed to volunteers due to COVID-19. Safety precautions are still being taken, which includes wearing a mask in our facilities.
What does a Kid’s Place Volunteer do?
- Plays games, does crafts, and participates in creative activities along-side children to build connections and support their development
- Works with staff to facilitate fun, trauma-informed activities for the children we serve
- Encourages children to turn to and learn from positive adult role models
Location and Hours
- Belva Hansen, Logan | 1525 N 200 W | 9am-7pm Monday – Thursday | 9am-5pm Friday
- Norma Miller, Hyrum | 10 N 600 E | 11am-7pm Monday – Thursday | 9am-5pm Friday
- Smithfield | 502 S Main Street | 11am-7pm Monday – Thursday | 9am-5pm Friday
- Must be 18 years or older
- Complete 2-3 hours of specialized training
- Must commit to 2 hours per week working in the Kid’s Place
- Pay for and pass a background check (costs $42.25)
Ready to be a Kid’s Place Volunteer?
Download the application below and email to [email protected] upon completion. For questions or more information, contact our Victim Services Volunteer Coordinator at 435-752-2241 or [email protected].
The Family Place Utah does not accept volunteers working off community service hours.
Events & Crafts
Volunteer at our events such as Princess Party, Marvelous Adventure, and monthly Play with The Family Place Utah. You can also volunteer to help prep crafts for different upcoming events!
COVID-19 UpdateDue to COVID-19 and the safety of our clients, employees, and volunteers this opportunity is limited. We are asking volunteers who are preparing crafts for upcoming events to purchase and donate the materials needed. This will minimize the exchanges of materials and allow us to put our resources towards our emergency and critical services. For more information contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 435-752-8880 or [email protected]
Promote events that give families a chance to experience a magical, exciting, and entertaining adventure!
- Prep crafts, activities, and decorations for our upcoming events; such as Marvelous Adventure, Princess Party, and Education Summer Camps.
- Dress up as a Princess or help children complete crafts at Princess Stations at our Annual Princess Party in February.
- Create a super adventure by being a Superhero at our annual Marvelous Adventure in September.
- Participate at booths or other events throughout the year; such as the Hyrum Harvest Festival, the Bear Lake Monster Winterfest, the annual Charity Golf Classic Tournament at Birch Creek, and more!
Join us outside at our Logan, Smithfield, or Hyrum offices to prepare our yard for events and activities.
COVID-19 UpdateDue to COVID-19 and the safety of our clients, employees, and volunteers this opportunity is limited. We are now scheduling shifts for volunteers to practice social distancing while volunteering in a group or individually! For more information contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 435-752-8880 or [email protected]
Make a difference by completing necessary yard work projects to keep our grounds maintained and respectful to our clients. By donating your time, we are able to continue to provide emergency and critical services.
- Weeding, rotating wood chips, trimming bushes, washing windows, etc.
- Yard work opportunities available at ALL three locations; Logan, Hyrum, and Smithfield.
- To schedule a time to volunteer and find our greatest need please contact our Volunteer Coordinator or fill out the application form below!
- No groups larger than 9 people
- All volunteers must virtually “sign up” through the volunteer coordinator to make sure we can maintain health code guidelines.
- No volunteers are allowed in the building unless it is a medical emergency. Plan ahead with water and sunscreen.
Supply Drives & Service Projects
Organize a supply drive and collect items of our greatest need. These items are then used in our Kid’s Place, therapy classes, or for events!
COVID-19 UpdateDue to COVID-19 and the safety of our clients, employees, and volunteers this opportunity will only be available under specific regulations. We are not accepting unsolicited donations at this time. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator to inquire about greatest need. For more information contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 435-752-8880 or [email protected]
The Family Place Utah is always in need of items and supplies to offer our resources to the community. We use these items to assist our Kid’s Place, Starfish Children’s Shelter, therapy department, family-friendly events, and educational classes. Running a supply drive is also a great way to receive service hours for you or a group!
- Examples of past supply drives include emotional regulation items for therapy, snacks, hygiene kit items, craft supplies for education summer camps, etc.
- If you are interested in running a supply drive, contact our Volunteer Coordinator or click the button below to be sent a list of our greatest needs.
Circle of Friends
Join the team of professional, passionate supporters of The Family Place Utah to plan and execute our largest events and fundraisers of the year!
The Circle of Friends is critical to the planning and implementing our biggest events and fundraisers of the year!
- In February, Circle of Friends aided The Family Place Utah in creating a magical, special day at the Annual Princess Party. They created decorations for princess stations, planned the theme of the tea party and provided all decorations, participated in setup and clean up.
- In April, Circle of Friends were crucial to the success of our 14th Annual Blue Ribbon Benefit Dinner and Auction. They helped raise over $100,000, worked with businesses to secure auction items, helped build and develop the theme, and put in countless hours of work to setup, cleanup, and prep all decorations.
- In October, the Circle of Friends supported The Family Place Utah at the Hyrum Harvest Festival. They decorated and managed a Trick or Treat table, planned the theme, and supplied the candy to give to every child at the event.
Since The Family Place Utah relays on the Circle of Friends for successful events, we ask they be able to meet these expectations:
- Attend Circle of Friends monthly meetings with the Marketing and Events Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to plan and implement events.
- Fill a table at the Annual Blue Ribbon Benefit Dinner and Auction with businesses, friends, or community partners.
- Support The Family Place Utah in at least two events or fundraisers throughout the year (Annual Princess Party, Marvelous Adventure, Harvest Festival, Blue Ribbon Benefit Dinner and Auction, Golf Tournament, Steppin’ Up for Kids).
- Have a passion for The Family Place Utah’s mission to strengthen families and protect children!
Make a difference by bringing Christmas magic to a family of The Family Place Utah in need.
Give back this holiday and sponsor a family in need!The holiday season can be stressful and full of guilt for parents who are not financially able to provide a Christmas experience. By sponsoring a family for Christmas, you are lifting this financial and emotional burden and strengthening a family in need. For more information contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 435-752-8880 or [email protected]
We encourage individuals, families, neighborhoods, PTOs, businesses, teams, churches and other local organizations to partner with us to make the lives of the children and families around us a little brighter.
- Plan to spend at least $50 (about three items) for each child and parent.
- Communication with the Volunteer Coordinator for safe drop off of gifts before the deadline.
- Donation of wrapping paper or bags for each present donated.