This FREE, 8 hour course is designed for anyone 18 years and older who wants to learn how to help a person who may be experiencing a mental health crisis or issue. We talk about anxiety, depression, psychosis, and addictions. Call 435-752-8880 for more information.
- Learn how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness or substance use disorders
- Learn the ALGEE action plan
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgementally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies