Creating paper beads for a necklace or bracelet is a great activity to practice fine motor skills while having fun! Test out this craft using different shapes, methods to create different style jewelry or decorations.
- Craft, scrapbook, or colored paper
- Clear glue
- Wooden skewers (or toothpick)
- On your paper, draw and cut out strips of paper, 8 inches long at least (isosceles triangle shapes, right triangle shapes, and rectangle shapes). Larger strips make larger beads, different shapes make different style beads (example is mostly triangles).
- Put some clear glue down on one side of the paper strip and start rolling it (glue side in) around the wooden skewer.
- Carefully, take it off of the skewer and place it aside to dry. Apply extra glue over the bead to add extra durability.
- Repeat the process until you have ample beads for a necklace or bracelet.
- Measure out your yarn for a necklace or bracelet.
- Thread the jewelry and enjoy!
Experiment with different sizes of papers, shapes, and patterns.