A simple craft that is interactive and magical! The flashlight really looks like it’s lighting up your scene.
- Large Ziploc bag
- Black Construction Paper
- White cardstock
- Colored permanent markers
- Draw or print out a shining flashlight on white cardstock. Cut it out with scissors.
- If there is a label on the bag, place it face down.
- Draw whatever scene (deep sea, solar system, flowers, animals, princesses, etc.) you would like onto the plastic bag (the side without the label). Don’t forget to tape it down if necessary so it won’t slip!
- Place the black construction paper inside the bag (you may need to trim it to fit). Notice how the scene disappears!
- Now place the flashlight cardstock in-between the bag and the black construction paper. Move the “light” around to see the scene appear and disappear!
For younger children try using dry erase markers and work on letter or number identification. Draw a collection of numbers and/or letters, say a number or letter and have the child search for the correct one!